Información del programa
Mechanical Engineering (B.S.) is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org/
Mechanical Engineering (B.S.) Universidad de los Andes
Number of credits
1543 Qualified Record: Resolution 8040, may 11th of 2021, Validity: 8 years.
The mechanical engineers from the Universidad de Los Andes contribute to the industrial a social development of the country by means of designing, researching and adapting technology to solve relevant problems that impact our society. Their strength lies in their robust training in science, mathematics, and engineering fundamentals in the areas of energy, mechanical systems and materials, as well as a critical and humanistic training.
Graduates work in topics related to:
- Energy generation, efficiency and sustainability
- Generación de energía, eficiencia y sostenibilidad
- New materials and manufacturing processes
- Air, land and sea vehicles
They acknowledge the importance of team work and autonomous and continuous learning recognizing the need for postgraduate studies. Likewise, due to their high motivation, creativity and leadership, graduates hold high-impact positions, develop entrepreneurships and engineering projects with a comprehensive vision, always acting within an ethical and responsible framework.
The Student Outcomes of the undergraduate mechanical engineering program emphasize the expected impact of our graduates on society. It is projected that within the first five years of their professional life our graduates will:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
-An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
-An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
-An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies>
The Educational Objectives of the Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Program emphasize the expected impact of ME alumni on the society. Within the first five years of their professional life, ME graduates will:
- Contribute to the industrial and social development of the country, using their robust education in mechanical engineering, which they will apply to solve relevant problems that affect the society.
- Participate in engineering projects and startups from an integral perspective, always acting within an ethical and responsible framework.
- Develop innovative solutions by combining their broad vision of the technological milieu, creativity, and capabilities for collaborating within interdisciplinary scenarios.
- Strive to continuously improve by the permanent development of their skills, knowledge and abilities, both autonomously and through formal graduate studies.
For more information, click here
Para más información, haga click aquí.
For more information, clic here.